CoA Chief Rai & Diana to be Paid Around Rs 3.62 Crore by BCCI
The Supreme Court on Tuesday approved the remuneration of the Committee of Administrators (CoA) on a pro-rata basis for running the BCCI administration as also implementing the Lodha Panel's proposals. As per calculations, CoA chief Vinod Rai and Diana Edulji will pocket around Rs 3.62 crore which should be paid by the board in the next 48 hours.
While the proposal for remuneration of the CoA was handed over to the Court in a sealed cover on Tuesday, the bench of Justices S.A. Bobde and L. Nageswara Rao approved it.
The order, accessed by IANS, said: "The BCCI shall bear all costs and expenses that have been incurred by the Committee of Administrators and the Electoral Officers including costs towards legal representations in the present proceedings or any other proceedings that have been or may be initiated against them with regard to discharge of their functions as a Committee of Administrators and Electoral Officers respectively.
"Remuneration of the Committee of Administrators shall be paid within 48 hours towards discharge of their duties as follows:
- Remuneration of INR 10 lakhs (Indian Rupees Ten Lakh only) per month for the year 2017.
- Remuneration of INR 11 lakhs (Indian Rupees Eleven Lakh only) per month for the year 2018.
- Remuneration of INR 12 lakhs (Indian Rupees Twelve Lakh only) per month for the year 2019.
- Travel for BCCI related purposes to be arranged by BCCI viz., (i) Business class for Air Travel; (ii) AC first class for train travel; and (iii) Air Conditioned Vehicle for local transport.
- Accommodation in case of overnight stay at outstation locations to be arranged by BCCI at BCCI contracted hotels.
- Any other expenses to be reimbursed at actuals.
- Sitting fee for ICC/ACC meetings as provided by ICC and/or ACC."
The CoA members will now be paid Rs 10 lac per month for 11 months in 2017, Rs 11 lac per month for 12 months in 2018 and Rs 12 lac per month for 10 months in 2019, as per the order.
As it stands, Rai and Edulji will get the complete pay while Ravi Thodge will get paid only for his involvement since February. Past members Vikram Limaye and Ramchandra Guha will be paid on pro-rata basis for the duration of their services.. Read more on Cricket by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsMaharashtra Polls: Will Women Voters ‘Help’ BJP Return to Power? . Read more on Cricket by The Quint.